Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Quck Sip 005. Square Mile Spur & Vine Hopped Apple Cider

Another cider on the menu tonight. I want sure what to expect from the addition of hops, other than bitterness. But I was pleasantly surprised that this wasn't overly bitter. The hint of bitterness is definitely there, but it's not too bad.

The color is very light golden yellow with a faint carbonation, so gaunt it's almost not there (not that I think there should be more). The apples are semi-sweet, kind of like a mix of golden delicious and Granny Smith. I don't see this becoming one of my favorite hard ciders (not at $10 for a 1 pint 6 oz bottle), but I would definitely drink this again, and I will definitely try the other offerings from Square Mile Cider.


The more I drink it, the dryer it seems. I think it's a property of the temperature release aroma and flavor from the hops.

My score: 7.5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment