Saturday, June 9, 2012

030. Shift Pale Lager


Very strong citrus -- with a hint of vanilla? Don't love the mouth. Lighter than expected. More to come.

 Lace is much stronger than I expected considering how to thin head is. I was drinking out of a plastic cup and it clung to the side with a determination surprised me. Sweet Spot I first drank it at about 55 degrees and could definitely taste a hint of aromatic hops. These were tastier than I expected considering how light the beer is.

 This would make a really good summer beer. Colder is a bit sweeter.



Thoughts from the bottom of the glass:

Color: Very light
Aroma: Lots of citrus
Hops: Faint, but present
Head: White & strong, but not as thick as expected
Lace: Strong: More than expected
Carbonation: Medium
Temprature Sweet Spot: 45 - 50 degrees (it really doesn't matter)
ABV: 5%
My Rating: 7 out of 10


Other Reviews Worth a Sip:
The fine fellows over at the Beer Advocate like this a lot more than I do: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/337/73542/?ba=heimbrauer

No comments:

Post a Comment