Sunday, August 1, 2010

001. WTF? A hint of chocolate

This beer definitely has a sense of humor. Its label calls it "A Malty, Robust, Jobless Recovery Ale." The "flavor text" on the side of the bottle has a bit of amusing musings about 2010. It definitely sets the mood for what I was about to partake of. A strong, whimsical beer with a sharp taste, but a surprisingly light after taste. This is definitely not an everyday beer, but when coupled with a salty food, it's a solid beer worth enjoying. Although I think I would enjoy it more on a dark winter's night than now, in the heat of summer.

So, in summary, I did enjoy this beer. Wilco Tango Foxtrot by Lagunitas Brewery in California is something I would drink again, but on a colder night when the heavier taste and stronger alcohol content (7.83%) would lend itself to a cozy cuddle and a good night's sleep. As it is, in the heat of a Houston summer, it's a bit heavy for me right now.

I'd give this a 6 out of 10 (and would probably up that to a 7 on a colder night).

No comments:

Post a Comment