Friday, March 4, 2011

Hangover Report: Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale

Just thought I'd post a quickie update on the 12th beer I reviewed: Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale.

I was at a party this week and (I will not lie), the hostess had stocked up on this beer. I know it's seasonal, but I've still seen it around here and there. So, we both were knocking them back like I did in my college days on a week night (that is to say, not quickly, but steadily all night) as we and our spouses played a friendly game of Power Grid (that's a super-fun German board game -- if you're not familiar with it, you really should look into it).

So, I was drinking moderately. I didn't get drunk, but I did get a healthy buzz (fret not, my wife drove us home). Maybe the buzz is the reason why I came in third out of four players (but since my hostess had been drinking more than I had, and she won, I kinda doubt it).

Anyway, I didn't pay as much attention to hydration as I should have. Oh, I drank some water near the end of the night, and more before bed, but not as much as I should have to compensate for the amount of beer I had drank.

I'm please to report that I had no hangover effects whatsoever the next morning.  I can't guarantee you'll have the same response, but I faced the morning after with no regrets. Except for a few bone-headed moves I'd made in Power Grid, that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment